Hello Fellow Food Adventurers,
I hope you all had an AMAZING Halloween.
I have been looking for easy, slow cooker friendly recipes that are vegetarian when I stumbled upon Make and Take's Lentil Sloppy Joes. I did modify it a bit because my pantry didn't have everything their recipe called for but I think it was delicious!
The picture I took doesn't have cheese, but definitely top it with some cheddar, it is delicious!
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 1-1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped finely
- 1 Tbs honey mustard
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1-1/2 tsp oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- whole wheat buns or english muffins
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Cooking Time: Low 7-8 hours or High 3-4 hours
How To Put It Together:
- Mix together all ingredients from lentils to black pepper in your slow cooker.
- Set to low or high depending on how long you'll be away.
- Serve on a bun or english muffin, top with cheddar cheese.
Check out other Slow Cooker Recipes here.