Happy Meatless Monday! I've been craving Chinese take out so I had to make something yummy to stop me from actually ordering oily, fatty take out. I usually have all the ingredients for the sauce, all I had to buy was some tofu and broccoli, This dish was thrown together in a snap and it doesn't need a ton of babysitting.
- Broccoli chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbs of vegetable oil
- cooking spray
- 1 block of extra firm tofu drained and cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn starch
Hoisin Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs peanut butter
- 1 Tbs molasses (you can substitute honey if you don't have molasses)
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp of sriracha
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Drain tofu block, press against paper towels to remove additional moisture, and cut into one inch cubes
- Mix egg, corn starch, and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil in a bowl.
- Line a cookie tray with aluminum foil and spray the top with cooking spray.
- Coat tofu in egg mixture and place onto the tray and stick in the oven.
- Bake tofu for 12 minutes on one side, flip your cubes, and bake for another 12 minutes on the other side.
- Mix together Hoisin sauce ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place the vegetable oil onto a pan and heat. Add minced garlic and broccoli and cook until tender- about 8 minutes. Then add the Mongolian sauce.
- Turn heat down to simmer until tofu is done.
- Add tofu to mixture and serve.