This enchiladas recipe is on point. I honestly didn't change a thing except for a few ingredients.
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup all purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
- 1 cup spinach (I used frozen, thawed)
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 3 cups shredded 3 cheese blend (I used Mexican Blend)
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add tomato paste, flour, 2 tsp. cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.
- Cook 1 minute, whisking.
- Whisk in broth, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, and cook until slightly thickened about 8 minutes.
- Salt/pepper to taste, and set aside.
How To Put The Enchiladas Together:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Saute the spinach in olive oil over medium heat until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, 2 cups cheese, spinach, corn, green onions, 2 tsp. cumin, and cilantro.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking dish, and pour a small amount of the sauce to coat the bottom.
- Fill tortillas with mixture, roll up tightly with ends tucked in, and place seam side down in dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over the enchiladas, coating evenly. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese on top.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
Eat Well and Adventure On,