Ok, so sometimes you just need to have dessert, I totally get it. You don't want to make a dozen cookies, or a whole cake and mess up your entire kitchen. The mug cake is a perfect solution to this problem. It makes a single serving of cake and you can find a zillion variations of this cake on Pinterest or Google.
- 5 Tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
- 5 Tablespoons instant hot chocolate mix
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (or canola)
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons water or milk (I used Almond milk)
- Using a large microwave safe mug, spray the inside with non-stick cooking spray.
- Next, mix together the flour, hot chocolate mix, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in vanilla, vegetable oil, and water (or milk)
- Mix well until smooth using a fork.
- Place in microwave and cook on high for 1.5-2 minutes, uncovered.
- Check the center with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean, if it does its done!. Be sure not to over cook!
- Top with whatever you like - powdered sugar, frosting, chocolate chips, caramel or whipped cream!
Eat Well and Adventure On,