When you're craving pad thai sometimes you just have to make it. Here's a really easy version, you can change up the protein really easily in this dish if you don't enjoy tofu.
Serves: 4 people
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 2 Tbs seasame oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 package of extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of shallots or red onion
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- 3/4 cup pad thai sauce (store bought or use the recipe below to make your own)
- 1/8 cup fish sauce
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/8 cup brown sugar, packed down
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 cup sriracha (more or less depending on how spicy you like your food)
How To Put It Together:
- Marinate tofu in 1/4 cup of soy sauce for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake marinated tofu on a greased sheet pan for 20 minutes.
- While tofu is baking, cook noodles according to package instructions. Than toss with 1 Tbsp of sesame oil and set aside.
- Pour 1/2 Tbsp of sesame oil into your pot and add two lightly beaten eggs. When eggs are finished cooking set aside.
- Pour in the other 1/2 Tbsp of sesame oil into the pot and cook shallots (or red onion) until lightly browned.
- Now add back in eggs, noodles, baked tofu and pad thai sauce.
- Last mix in bean sprouts, chopped peanuts, green onions, and cilantro (optional).
- Place in bowls and top with extra peanuts, green onions, and sriracha if you like it hot.