Hello fellow Food Adventurers!
So the past few months I've been MIA due to joining the Fit Girls Guide family and you cannot post their recipes online. I'm starting to cook my own deliciousness again and here is one of the recipes I threw together in order to use up some left overs in my pantry, fridge and freezer. If you'd like to follow my fitness journey, you can find me on Instagram @workingfitgirl
- Cooking Spray
- 1.00 cup, Peas -frozen
- 1.00 oz, Solid White Albacore Tuna In Water
- 4.00 ounces Extra Sharp Vermont Cheddar Cheese
- 0.50 cup Almond Milk - Original - Unsweetened
- 16.00 oz(s), White Mushrooms - sliced
- 1.50 Cup, Penne (Whole Wheat) cooked
- 6 ounce, Cream Cheese (Light)
- 1/2 large cauliflower - cut into small florets
- 1 small onion
How to Put It Together:
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F
- Cook pasta according to package. Once the timer hits 8 mins throw in your cauliflower that way it will finish at the same time as your pasta. Once done, drain.
- As your pasta cooks spray your pan with cooking spray and saute the onions until translucent.
- Next add in the mushrooms and cook until they have released their juices, about 10 mins.
- Toss in the peas and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the tuna and break it up into the pan.
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese and almond milk, than place it in the pot and mix it with the veggies.
- Once combined mix in pasta, cauliflower and cheese! Make sure to like a 1/4 of the cheese to place on top of the casserole.
- bake covered for 15 minutes and uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.
Eat Well and Adventure On,