This past weekend I went apple picking with Alan and a couple of our friends. It was a beautiful day and we picked two pecks worth of apples and two large pumpkins to carve for Halloween! They had so many varieties of apples I couldn't count them all, they even had this Banana Apple, supposedly it has a hint of banana.
In honor of all this deliciousness I decided to make one of Alan's favorite desserts, apple crisp. I hope you enjoy the recipe!
- 5 Apples cored, peeled and sliced(Use at least two different kinds, honestly I don't know which ones I used I just took 5 different ones out of the bag lol)
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 + 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of cane sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 stick of butter, cut into pieces
Oven: 375 F Bake: 30-35 Minutes
How To Put It Together:
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F
- Peel, core and slice your apples, place them in a large bowl.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Mix together until the apple slices are evenly coated in the lemon and cinnamon.
- Place the apples into a 1-1/2 qt baking dish
- In a food processor place in the brown sugar, cane sugar, flour, 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon and pieces of butter.
- Pulse the mixture until everything comes together and you no longer have large clumps of butter.
- Pour the topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake for a half hour or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Eat Well and Adventure On,