Hello Fellow Food Adventurers,
To say farewell to summer I thought I would share delicious lemon bars at a family picnic I was at this past weekend. I say its like eating sunshine hehe. So this recipe has been family approved especially for the people in Alan's family.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar + confectioners sugar for topping
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
BAKE: 350 degrees F COOKING TIME: 20 mins + 25 mins (45 total)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix flour, butter and powdered sugar. Press in ungreased square pan, 8x8x2 or 9x9x2 inches, building up 1/2-inch edges.
- Bake crust alone for 20 minutes.
- Wile you are baking the crust beat granulated sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, baking powder, salt and eggs with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Pour the mixture over the hot crust.
- Bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched lightly in center.
- Cool then dust with powdered sugar, cut into about 1 1/2-inch squares. Serve and enjoy!
Eat Well and Adventure On,