Hello Fellow Food Adventures,
Blueberry pie is my fiancee's favorite summertime pie. He will eat a pie all by himself if he had the opportunity. Unlike some other pies, it also doesn't have too much sugar, like my summertime favorite, strawberry rhubarb pie.
- Pre-made pie dough or your own pie dough for a bottom and top crust
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional if you know someone with a cinnamon allergy like I do)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tbs butter
How To Put It Together
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and blueberries.
- Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter.
- Cut a hole or shape out using a small cookie cutter in the center of the crust. You can also do slices or a basket weave, but I find the cookie cutters to be easier.
- Place the the top crust over the pie, cut off any excess crust, and crimp together the edges using a fork.
- Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 15 minutes at 425 degrees F, and for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F, or until crust is golden brown.
Eat Well and Adventure On,