So this week I'm going all veggies for every meal, that means no meat this week and limited to no eggs and dairy. It's a good thing I love my veggies, and my boyfriend is totally on board with my little project too. So come along with me on this great adventure!
- 1 1/2 Cups of Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 Cups of Cous Cous
- 1 Tbs of butter or butter substitute
- 4 oz of Sliced Baby Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Sized Zucchini cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup of white onions (I usually buy frozen chopped onions its super easy and cheap)
- 1/2 Tofu Cut into Cubes
- 2 Tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Italian Dressing
How To Put It Together:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Drain the tofu by wrapping it in a kitchen cloth, placing it on a plate, put another plate on top and a weight on the very top to help drain the tofu of any extra liquid. Let sit for at least 15 minutes
- While your tofu is draining you can slice your mushrooms and chop up the zucchini into bite sized pieces.
- Now chop up the tofu into cubs, place in a bag with the italian dressing. Let this marinate for about 15-30 minutes.
- After marinating bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat and then drizzle in the olive oil.
- Now sauté the onions for 2 minutes, next add the mushrooms and sauté them for 5 minutes, lastly add the zucchini and sauté until its all cooked to your liking for me I cooked it for an additional 10-15 minutes. Don't forget to add salt and pepper, however much you like!
- Now in a medium sized sauce pan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil and add the butter.
- Once it is boiling take it off the heat and stir in the couscous, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and add to a large bowl, mix in the veggies and tofu.
- Serve warm or cold, both are delicious!
Eat Well and Adventure On,