So after browsing Pinterest - I'm totally in love with this recipe. If you'd like to, you can check out my Pinterest Boards at pinterest.com/kmsundiang. Anyway, I happened to stumble on Taco Pasta! So thanks to Food Gift Ideas I was able to try out this awesome recipe. I did tweak it a little bit by adding a few dashes of Tabasco sauce, because in our house we like it spicy.
- 3/4 bag rigatoni noodles (the giant ziti looking noodles)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz cream cheese (1/2 a package)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Few dashes of Tabasco sauce (to your taste)
How to Put It Together:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Set water to boil, and then cook the pasta until Al dente, about 11 minutes.
- On medium heat brown the ground beef. Once there is no more pink drain the excess fat, add in the taco seasoning, and 1 cup of water and cook for 5 min
- Next add the cream cheese to the beef mixture, stir until completely melted, add the Tabasco to your taste, and remove from heat.
- Place the pasta in a casserole dish, mix in 1 cup cheese and beef mixture , top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is gooey and golden brown
- Serve with a side salad. (Check out my Taca Salad as an option)
- For those that like it hot, serve extra Tabasco on the side. E