I'm really getting into the whole, crock pot in the morning and having a good meal at dinner with basically no effort. Its even better when you spend all day out and about and are too tired to make anything when you get home. Recently I've been running around to interviews and so after a long day I just want to be lazy and relax so me and my crock pot have become best friends. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did, enjoy!
- 2-3 lbs of beef chuck roast
- 2, 14.5oz cans of beef consumme (found on broth and soups aisle or you can substitute with beef broth)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 6 slices of provolone cheese (optional)
- 6 hoagie rolls
Slow Cooker Temp: Low Time: 8-10 hrs Serving: 6 people
Slow Cooker Temp: High Time: 5-7 hrs Serving: 6 people
How to Put It Together:
- Trim off any excess fat on the outside of the roast then place it in the crock pot.
- Next add the beef consumme to the crock pot
- Now add the bay leaf, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, and garlic pepper.
- Set it and forget it till you're ready to eat!
- Once you are ready to serve this take out the roast and set aside until you are ready to slice or shred the beef.
- Next skim the fat off the top of the delicious juice in the crock pot.
- Straining is optional but I do recommend it. I either use a fine metal strainer or cheese cloth.
- Place in dipping cups and the dipping sauce is ready for serving
- Now you can either slice the beef into slices or using two forks, shred the beef
- Cut the hoagie rolls, spread butter on the inside and back for 10 minutes.
- Place the beef inside each roll as well as the cheese (if you are adding any) and place back in the oven for about 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
And serve, enjoy!
Eat Well & Adventure On,