Being a Jersey girl at my core, I've always had a special place in my heart for a good diner. With my boyfriend's family based in Connecticut, I've spent a lot of time there. The one diner that has won its place in my heart is Cromwell Diner. They are open 24/7 and a lot of the time are even open on holidays. So if you every find yourself in the Cromwell/Middletown area and need a bite to eat, make your way to this hidden CT gem.
Here's what you need to know about the Cromwell Diner:
- Good - They are always very welcoming and they treat you like you're a part of the family. During breakfast your coffee cup will never be empty, unless you say you say you want it to be.
- Great - Food taste great and its cheap, what more could you ask for? Everything you eat there is homemade, so you won't ever be disappointed. Like any good diner you can get breakfast, lunch, or dinner during any time of the day.
- Even though they recently renovated, you still get that classic diner feel that is warm and inviting.
- My Fav - Homemade corned beef hash, made from scratch, with a side of tator tots and over easy eggs.
- Alan's - Blueberries and cream french toast, their deliciously fluffy french toast with a blueberry compote and homemade whipped cream.
- My Fav - Chicken pot pie, a classic that just dances on your taste buds.
- Alan's - Meatloaf dinner, another classic that they have perfected. Meatloaf and homemade mashed potatoes with some decadent gravy. What more could you ask.
You can find Cromwell Diner on Facebook where you can keep updated on their holiday hours and specials.
Check out more reviews of the Cromwell Diner on TripAdviser
Have you dined at Cromwell Diner? Let me know, I'd love to know what you thought!
Eat Well & Adventure On,