- 2 lbs of stew beef
- 1 28oz can of crushed plum tomatoes
- 1 32oz carton of beef broth (separate 1 cup)
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of baby carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 20-25 small potatoes (get 25 if they are really small)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 tbs of Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste and seasoning the beef
Slow Cooker Temp: Low Time: 8-10 hrs Serving: 6-8 people
Slow Cooker Temp: High Time: 15 mins
How to Put It Together
- Take the stew beef and season with salt and pepper. Then sear the pieces in a large sauté pan. You don't need to cook the meat all the way through we are just searing to keep the juices inside during cooking. Place beef on a plate after searing until you are ready to place them in the crockpot.
- Cut the potatoes in half except for the super small potatoes, you can leave those whole.
- Place crushed plum tomatoes in the crockpot add the celery, carrots, and potatoes in the bottom of the pot.
- Add the beef and all the drippings and juices into the crockpot and add the beef broth over the beef.
- Place the cover on the crockpot and let it cook all day.
- When you get home after your long day, taste the stew and add salt and pepper as needed. Then mix the 1/2 cup of flour with the 1 cup of beef broth in a bowl. Once it is throughly combined add the mixture to the crockpot and stir it in.
- Add in the peas, change the temperature to high and cook for an additional 15 minutes. The stew should thicken up and be ready for serving
- Serve over mashed potatoes or on its own
Eat Well & Adventure On,