So this post is interesting because I couldn't taste test it a long the way because I am actually allergic to fresh apple so my good friend and new co-blogger Jade, had to help me a lot with this recipe.
- 8 Apples (I use anything that looks good, If you want a well rounded flavor use a blend of apples.)
- 1 1/2 Cups of water
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
How To Put It Together
- You can leave the skins on the apples or peel the apples for this recipe we left the skins on, cored, cut, and sliced the apples thinly.
- Place the water, sugar and cinnamon in a large sauce pan.
- As you slice the apples add them to the sauce pan and put the stove on medium heat.
- Stirring occasionally, let you apples cook down for about 20 minutes.
- If you want a smoother apple sauce place it in a food processor or blender and puree, but we left ours chunky.
- Serve warm or cold, either way it is absolutely delicious.