- 1 (14 oz) bag of shredded coconut
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbs of flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 extra large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- bag of milk chocolate
Bake: 325°F Baking Time: 25-30 minutes Serves: 6-10 people
How to Put It Together
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- In a large bowl combine the coconut, condensed milk, flour and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer beat the egg whites on high till they form medium soft peaks, then add the salt and beat till you form very stiff peaks
- Carefully fold in half of the egg whites into the coconut mixture, once thoroughly combined fold in the other half.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Drop the batter onto the baking sheet using an ice cream scoop so that you get even sized macaroons.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until they are lightly golden brown.
- Once they are done baking allow them to cool on a wire rack.
- While these are cooling create a double boiler to melt your chocolate
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip the macaroons into the chocolate and set aside on a wax paper covered baking sheet and allow the chocolate to harden.