- 1 box of white cake mix
- 1 box of neon food gel (food coloring in gel form)
- 1 can of creamy vanilla frosting
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Cupcake liners
- skewers/ toothpicks
Baking Time: Follow baking time on cake mix box
Serving: 16 Cupcakes
How to Put It Together
- Make the cake mix according to the box instructions and preheat your oven.
- Evenly separate the batter into 4 bowls and add a different food color to each bowl. How much you put in is up to you. Put enough coloring till you reach your desired color.
- Line your cupcake pan with liners and get ready to make awesome tie dye cupcakes.
- Pour spoonfuls of the different color batter until each cupcake is about 3/4 full and bake according to the boxes instructions.
- Take the frosting and add the vanilla and mix till fully incorporated.
- Once your cupcakes have finished baking make sure to remove them from the cupcake tin and allow them to cool. Do not skip this step before frosting because the frosting can melt off the cupcakes if they are too hot.
- Frost each cupcake with the frosting, making sure you have an even coat on each cupcake.
- Now its time to make them tie-dye. Using the gel food coloring, place a small dot of one color in the middle, 4 dots of color number 2, and 6 dots along the outside of the cupcake.
- Using a skewer or toothpick swirl the gel into the frosting until you get the color and design you desire.
Eat Well & Adventure On,