Hello summer, and we all know what that means, GRILLING! So today me and my girls decided to grill up some delicious vegetables. The first vegetable we tackled was asparagus. The delicious, stocky green sticks that are so great to munch on. This recipe is salty, sweet, and good for you. I hope you like these as much as my friends did.
- 1 lb of asparagus
- 3 Tbs of low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs of sesame oil
- 2 Cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1 Tbs of honey
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs of white sesame seeds (optional)
Grill: Medium-Low Cooking Time: 6 Minutes Serving Size: 4 people
How to put it together
- Wash and snap off the woody ends of the asparagus
- What are the woody ends you ask? Well to figure that out all you have to do is bend your asparagus about 2/3 the way down the stalk and the woody ends should snap right off
- Now its time to make the marinade. In a ziplock bag pour in the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, honey, salt, and pepper.
- After all the ingredients are in the bag, seal it and shake and mix it up till it is all combined
- Add in your asparagus and allow to marinate for at least two hours.
- Now its time to put these on the grill. Cook them about 2 minutes per a side for a total of 6 minutes.
- If you want them a little crunchier cook for about 5 minutes instead.
- Once you've taken them off the grill sprinkle the sesame seeds over them and serve to your friends and family immediately and enjoy!
Eat Well & Adventure On,