My boyfriend Alan and I love going to P.F. Changs and ordering their delicious lettuce wraps. I've been meaning to attempt these for awhile and have only recently gotten the chance to. After browsing around for the perfect recipe. The search was finally over when I stumbled upon Iowa Girl Eats blog.
- 1lb ground chicken breast
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- salt & pepper, a dash of each
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch nob fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (or more if you like it hotter)
- dash of fresh pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2-8oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 10-12 large outer lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
Pan: Medium-High Cooking Time: 30 Minutes Serving Size: 2-3 people
How to put it together
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet on medium-high. Add chicken, onion, salt & pepper, and cook until chicken is nearly done, stirring often to break up the meat. Add in minced garlic and ginger, and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave safe bowl, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, water, peanut butter, honey, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce and pepper. Microwave for 20 seconds, then stir until smooth. Add into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add green onion and water chestnuts into the skillet then cook for 1-2 minutes until the onions are soft and the water chestnuts are heated through.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, and serve with cold lettuce leavesY
Eat Well & Adventure On,
P.S. Thanks Iowa Girl Eats!!!